Saturday, April 19, 2014

Big Beautiful Skies Coming Your Way......

Hey gang,

Who doesn't hate those ugly overcast days when we're rushing around, trying to get a house on the market?  I know how frustrating it is to show up to a beautiful home only to have mother nature give me the finger.  GAH!

I've spent the week working on learning how to do sky replacement and wanted to give you an example of how they turned out.  I'm still working on the finer details and will add this service to my price sheet after I've worked it all out.  In the meantime, you can find me taking my own stock images of skies throughout the heartland - I had to pay $29.00 just for these two......PHFT!

The first image is the original and the bottom two are replacement.






As always, I welcome and appreciate your feedback.

Happy Easter weekend to you all!

Peace, Love and Chocolate (bunnies),

Dawn

Kansas City Real Estate Photography

4 comments:

  1. Great job, trees are the nightmare of sky replacements...ask me how i know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is the "finer" detail I'm working on. I hope it's easier once the leaves are in full bloom. If not I may be scrapping this service or offering it at a great discount.

      Delete
  2. Dawn ... I suggest using a lighter sky background ... it's much easier/quicker when dealing with trees with a light blue background with the clouds. Also, having the background larger than the picture, layered in the background, so it can be moved around -- when you have difficult tree branches, you can position a cloud behind a challenging tree area because that gives a white background so it doesn't have to be so exact when erasing the background color. I've been doing the sky replacement for about 5 years now and that's what I've learned with all the trial and error ;o). I found a good one on istock years ago that works great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber!! It has definitely been trial an error and each time I do it it gets better. I've been out trying to capture my own skies (too cheap to purchase more when I can do it myself), but I always seem to forget my camera when the sky is perfect. BLEH!

    ReplyDelete