Thursday, October 13, 2011

Photography vs Real Estate

My goal when stepping into photography was to create wonderful images for my real estate clients which in turn would help improve my business.  It worked!  My clients have all benefited from my long and expensive journey; however, the time I spent learning the craft took away from continually building my real estate business.  Now what do I do?  It was an easy decision.  There ain't no money in photography people!  It's time to refocus on what I do best ~ real estate and real estate photography.

Why am I telling you all of this?  Because I need everyone to know that while I enjoy portrait photography, and appreciate the opportunities to practice in an area of photography I rarely go, I am first and foremost a realtor that has a business doing real estate photography.  I have children that need to eat, go to the doctor and someday off to college (prayerfully with scholarships) and once this crazy real estate market recovers I want to be in it to reap the benefits of hanging in so long. $$$$

If you're in the market for a wonderful photographer for your family (must have a child 12 or under) please do not hesitate to contact Carmen Carver with CC Photo Design.  She's an incredibly talented photographer that has been in the industry long enough to know exactly what she's doing ~ unlike me that kind of, sorta, somewhat thinks that maybe I know how to catch that kid that never stops moving while the other family members pose like models.  My subjects, solid structures that don't move unless the earth and mother nature decides it's time for them to do so, are so much easier!  I will continue to practice on my own family (God help them!) in the hopes that maybe some day I will venture into the world of portrait photography.  For now, I'm sticking to all things marketing.

This family is an exception to my "No Portrait Photography" rule ~ yes, there are special people in my life that warrant exceptions but on very rare occasions.  I had a great time during the shoot but was a complete basket case in the editing process - gnashing of teeth, head banging, hair pulling, hysterics.  It was ugly and it was at this time that I said to myself, "Make a decision gurl and stick to it!"

                                    
      (Little Miss Sassy in the photo is going to give her poor father a heart attack some day!)


If you like this photo then you'll love Carmen with CC Photo Design ~ I got this location and idea from her.  If you don't like this photo then I've done the poor girl an injustice and you have to visit her site for redemption purposes only.

In the meantime, if you need to list your home with a realtor that has mad real estate photography skillz, give me a call.  Or, if you're a realtor that needs someone that does real estate photography then you really, really should give me a call.

Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day!

Adios,

Dawn Conners
Kansas City Real Estate Photographer
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment